Eastern Railway Notifies Recruitment for 750 Act Apprentice Posts 2015
Eastern Railway, Kancharapara invited applications for the posts of Act Apprentice in various designated trades. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 28 September 2015.
Last Date of Application: 28 September 2015
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Act Apprentice – 750 Posts
Name of the Designated Trades:
- Fitter- 240 Posts
- Welder (G&E)- 143 Posts
- Electrician- 264 Posts
- Machinist- 22 Posts
- Wireman- 12 Posts
- Carpenter- 31 Posts
- Painter (General)- 38 Posts
- Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 15-24 years as on 01-07-2015. Age relaxation is applicable 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PH, 15 years for PH (SC/ ST), 13 years for PH (OBC) candidates & others as per rules.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Matriculation (Matriculate or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system) with 50% marks on average with ITI certificate.
- Selection process: Candidates will be selected based on academic merit, medical exam.
- Examination Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 40/- (No fee for SC/ ST/ Women/ Minorities/ Economically Backward Class Candidates ) in the form of Indian Postal Order (IPO) in favour of FA&CAO, E.Rly, Kolkata payable to GPO/ Kolkata.
- How to Apply: Eligible candidates may send their applications in the prescribed format affixing recent Passport size photograph along with attested copies of all certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officer, self addressed envelope of size 11″ X 5″ with postal stamp of Rs. 5/- through ordinary post to the Workshop Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway, Kanchrapara Railway Workshop, PO Kanchrapara, 24-Pargans (N) Pin-743145 on or before 28-09-2015 by 16:30 hrs. Superscribe the envelope as “Application for Engagement of Act Apprentice along with Community and Trade for Kanchrapara Workshop”.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 28-09-2015 by 16:30 hrs.