Agartala, March 7, 2020: The saffron party in alliance with tribal based regional party wrested power in Tripura two years ago. In 2018 Tripura Assembly polls, BJP and IPFT alliance brought an end to 25-year long CPI-M led Left regime. As part of its pre-poll promises, BJP unveiled ‘Vision Document’ and it was released by Former Finance Minister Late Arun Jaitley in Tripura.
After assuming charges, Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb and his cabinet Ministers’ prime responsibility was to fulfill commitments made in Vision Document as well as put Tripura on fast track of growth to make Tripura a Model State. During last two years, Government introduced and initiated several steps in this direction.
Without maintaining chronology, lists of major initiatives and activities of the BJP-IPFT Tripura government in last two years have been mentioned here:-
1) Ushered in a new era of transparent, corruption free and people oriented governance with merit-based New Recruitment Policy, E-Tendering, E-PDS, Janata Darbar, Online Grievance Redressal.
2) Long standing Reang (Bru) Migrants crisis resolved bringing relief to more than 34,000 families
3) Project proposal of Rs. 8803 cr sent to Government of India for all round development of tribal communities.
4) Agartala airport renamed after Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya Bahadur. Holiday declared for Gariya Puja.
5) 24 new initiatives for quality improvement launched in education sector including introduction of NCERT Curriculum, Nutan Disha, Uddipan etc.
6) Atal Jaldhara Mission launched to ensure free piped water connection to every household by the year 2022 at a cost of Rs. 840 crore
7) Historic beginning of procurement paddy directly from farmers at Minimum Support Price (MSP)
8) Anti narcotics drive- ‘Nasha Mukt Tripura’ launched, 728 cases registered; 1249 persons arrested and large quantity of narcotics seized.
9) Rates of social pensions enhanced to minimum Rs.1000/- per month benefitting more than 4 lakh social pensioners.
10) Rs 138.03 crore transferred to 1,97,537 bank accounts of small and marginal farmers in the State under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
11) 20.56 lakh people to benefit from Ayushman Bharat for free treatment upto 5 lakhs and 9.12 lakh e-cards already distributed.
12) Achieved 100% Open Defecation Free, 100% Saubhagya, 91% Ujjawala, 87% PMAY(G), 100% sanction under PMAY(U).
13) Tripura Industrial Facilitation Act, 2018 for single window clearance for setting up industries within 30 days. 2,816 new industrial units registered after 9th March 2018.
14) Special Economic Zone and Integrated Check-Post (ICP) at Sabroom being developed.
15) Queen Pineapple – the State Fruit of Tripura began export to the Domestic and International markets.
16) SoP signed for use of Chittagong and Mongla Port. Bridge over Feni River in full swings. Agatala-Akhaura rail link on time. New Airport terminal is about to be completed.
17) 7th Central Pay Commission benefits extended to state government employees
18) Kamdhenu, an ambitious milk production scheme for self sufficiency launched to benefit 3000 families.
19) Per Capita Income rose from 1.0 lakh in 2017-18 to 1.27 lakh in 2019-20 with growth rate of 13.1% and 12.1% during 2018-19 and 2019-20.
20) Historical no. of National Highways taken up for development costing Rs. 8203 cr.
21) Infrastructure pipeline of more than Rs. 30,000 cr under implementation.
22) State successfully organized North East Youth Festival-2018 and 64th National School Games in Football & Gymnastics.
23) Scheme of Transformation of Aspirational Blocks started for 12 most backward Blocks.
24) A regional centre of Lalit Kala Academy opened at Agartala